Looking for an opportunity to lead a highly trained and specialized team that rocks the technical accounting front? We’re looking for the head of RoseRyan’s team of very highly skilled technical accountants known as the Technical Accounting Group (TAG). Lead a team that solves problems, tackles tricky transactions, and can make good on all your GAAP knowledge.
This team’s mission: assist clients with technical accounting projects (such as research and analysis of complex transactions, implementation of new accounting standards, determination of proper accounting on specific transactions), and provide oversight and support to RoseRyan consultants working on similar projects.
Our TAG is a value added differentiator in our consulting business. Client love it. We provide these highly skilled resources to clients so they can access specialized talent and knowledge they don’t have in-house. It’s also highly valued within RoseRyan, serving our finance and accounting pros with a supportive resource when they need to supplement their expertise on a particular assignment. TAG also provides insights for marketing (blogs, social media, webinars, whitepaper content) and conducts deep internal training sessions for RoseRyan consultants (annual technical updates, “Circle Time with TAG”) to keep our consultants at the top of their game.
The Head of Technical Accounting Group also provides overall direction and leadership to this small but mighty team of highly skilled consultants, whose need for direct management is minimal. The TAG leader effectively balances responsibilities and resources to:
- Meet revenue targets
- Achieve chargeability targets
- Showcase and develop the team
- Meet deadlines (billable and non-billable)
- Schedule resources with an inherent ability to prioritize and be flexible with changing market
Other job expectations:
- Develop and implement plans to meet overall objectives and ensure quality deliverables.
- Make sure RoseRyan has an adequate pool of resources to meet our revenue objectives.
- Allocate assignments to team members that may last for a period of days, a half a year or much longer.
- Ensure the rest of the team is fully engaged and their skills are continually developed.
- Evaluate how projects will capitalize on the team’s key strengths and showcase their abilities.
- Interface with RoseRyan’s Talent Manager to ensure sufficient, appropriate resources, and to proactively initiate recruitment activities when needed.
- Assist in the sales process by scoping TAG engagements and assisting in drafting the work that will be provided.
- Clearly demonstrate the RoseRyan values of trust, integrity, open and honest communication and teamwork in daily activities with internal and external customers.
- Develop an annual operating plan and proposed team budget.
- Provide quarterly updates to management, outlining major activities accomplished, revenue generated, and budget status while also keeping management current on any challenges or issues.
- Stay current in what’s hot in the market, what competitors are doing and what’s coming around the corner for TAG.
Preferred skills and experience
- Minimum 10–15 years of work experience, including both public accounting and corporate industry experience (technology and life science industries preferred)
- Breadth of technical accounting knowledge, research experience and application
- Experience writing technical accounting memos and collaborating on complex issues with audit partners and/or national office professionals
- Strong SEC reporting expertise
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience preparing and delivering presentations and/or training
- Enjoy collaborating, mentoring and acting as a strategic business advisor
- BA/BS degree in accounting, finance or related major
- CPA certification
Sound like a good fit?
Send your resume to email@example.com.