We are looking for consultants with a broad background in revenue recognition. Knowledge of every element is not expected, but ideally candidates will have multiple areas of exposure. Opportunities can range from part time to full time, and assignments will vary in duration. Consulting with RoseRyan means being a part of a collaborative group of seasoned professionals. Our consultants enjoy challenging, independent projects and take pride in being a strategic business advisor and helping to ensure the success of our clients.
- Understand the nature of the engagement—scope of services, deadlines and other requirements—and meet commitments
- Actively listen to clients to understand their challenges and expectations
- Collaborate with fellow RoseRyan consultants to share knowledge and best practices
- Ensure work is delivered on time and in accordance with RoseRyan’s high standards
- Anticipate client needs and proactively look for solutions
- Communicate with the client and RoseRyan management on the status of engagement and key business developments
Preferred skills and experience
- Minimum of eight years of work experience, including both public accounting consultant and corporate industry experience
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret contracts for their revenue recognition implications
- Experience in preparing revenue recognition memos and policies
- Technical accounting experience researching and applying revenue recognition guidance as provided by U.S. GAAP. Such experience should include a number of the following areas:
- Accounting for multiple-element arrangements, including estimating VSOE, TPE and BESP
- Software and/or SaaS revenue recognition
- Revenue recognition for hardware or other high-tech products
- Collaboration agreements, R&D arrangements and grants within the life sciences industry
- Percentage of completion
- Application of general revenue recognition principles surrounding gross versus net revenue, sell-in versus sell-through, warranty and extended warranty arrangements, and return rights
- General understanding of new revenue recognition guidance pending final release from the FASB and IASB
- BA/BS degree in accounting, finance or related major
- CPA certification preferred
Sound like a good fit?
Send your resume to [email protected].