Know your way around GAAP like a master chef knows their kitchen? We’ve got the job for you!
We’re looking for a versatile pro with deep technical accounting expertise and a practical perspective—someone who can navigate the gray areas of accounting, understand and appreciate the operational challenges faced by companies in keeping with the constantly changing accounting landscape, and create practical solutions.
This role includes an opportunity to provide hands-on accounting consulting support to clients and to be a member of the firm’s elite Technical Accounting Group (TAG). TAG is a resource for fellow consultants and clients, delivering technical accounting and reporting guidance, assisting with the implementation of new accounting pronouncements, and providing pre-transaction accounting advisory services that enable our clients to make better decisions when structuring deals.
Consulting with RoseRyan means being a part of a collaborative group of seasoned professionals. Our consultants enjoy challenging, independent projects and take pride in being strategic business advisors who help ensure the success of our clients.
You’ll have opportunities to speak on panels with business partners and industry leaders, write thought leadership papers, provide training on technical accounting areas, talk with the press, and help continue RoseRyan’s social media outreach. It doesn’t get much more exciting than that!
- Understand the nature of engagements—scope of services, deadlines and other requirements—and meet commitments
- Actively listen to clients to understand their challenges and expectations
- Collaborate with fellow RoseRyan consultants in order to share knowledge and best practices
- Ensure work is delivered on time and in accordance with RoseRyan’s high quality standards
- Anticipate client needs and proactively look for solutions
- Communicate with the client and RoseRyan management on the status of engagement and key business developments
- As a member of TAG, coach, mentor and advise consultants and clients on complex technical issues and financial reporting compliance
Preferred skills and experience
- Minimum 10–15 years of work experience, including both public accounting and corporate industry experience (technology and life science industries preferred)
- Breadth of technical accounting knowledge, research experience and application
- Experience writing technical accounting memos and collaborating on complex issues with audit partners and/or national office professionals
- Strong SEC reporting expertise
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience preparing and delivering presentations and/or training
- Enjoy collaborating, mentoring and acting as a strategic business advisor
- BA/BS degree in accounting, finance or related major
- CPA certification
Sound like a good fit?
Send your resume to [email protected].