CFOs face a constant juggling act whenever they deploy resources. They need to make the most of what they have while also knowing when it’s time to load up and get more. Make a wrong call — based on old or shoddy data — and they could throw off the balance and put the company’s growth plans at risk. Smart CFOs are virtuosos of resource management, knowing when it’s time to pull the trigger on an investment in one area and when it’s time to slow down in another.
In this intelligence report, RoseRyan director Stephen Ambler, who has held CFO positions at a variety of companies, zeroes in on the seven essential areas in finance that need finance leaders’ attention. Plans will change and growth strategies will shift. The onus is on CFOs to make decisions with a steady hand, whether they are monitoring cash flow, providing input on the business plan, finding talent or making decisions about major systems.
Download the paper to find out:
- The 7 hotspots for managing resources
- Why troubled companies tend to lose sight of their cash position
- A top reason why resources could wither
- The common misstep finance teams make when hiring
- The importance of timing when considering a systems upgrade
- Why the company needs an exit plan, no matter what stage it’s in